1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Squirrels in the attic - Now With Video

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Nov 22, 2007.

1. Three of them. We can hear them up there; also sounds like they're in the walls.

They keep my wife awake at night and she keeps me awake muttering about them obsessively. Pest control has been out and set traps. Not a thing. In fact, you could see little squirrel prints where the squirrel got the peanut butter from the trap without getting caught.

What's funny is they hang out in our backyard during the day and taunt the cats. One of the cats is too fat to even jump our chain link fence so he's useless. The other is merely a kitten, smaller than the squirrel. My wife has video of the squirrel actually pelting the cat with acorns.

I'm not sure WTF we're going to do. Pest control offered to either shoot 'em or poison 'em if the traps don't work. Normally, I don't harm animals, but another night without sleep could change my mind ...

2. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Re: Squirrels in the attic

You should post the video of the cats getting pelted on YouTube.

And I vote for shooting them. It's more fun than poison. And would make for a second great YouTube clip.

3. Re: Squirrels in the attic

Good idea. She also has video of the squirrel coming down the tree, practically eye level to the kitten, to tell it off in no uncertain terms. Must be a momma squirrel.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

BTW: My squirrel taunts Stan. It's hilarious. He walks right up to the window in the door and waves his tail at Stan. I giggle every time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Re: Squirrels in the attic

And this made me laugh, after a few seconds of realizing what I was looking at ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid damned advice. tell the next person who calls you an ogre that TP is looking for them.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I connected with one of the 1,000 squirrels that congregate at my place today. I had some squirrel corn and tried to feed him myself. I sort of gained his trust, but when I got within a foot of him he bolted.

Of course he would have bit me given the chance, and at the end of the day, I was unintentionally mocking his hunger by taunting him with food, but my 5-year-old daughter seemed to enjoy it watching from inside the house. Good times.

And I've been pelted with acorns from my squirrels too. I normally love squirrels, but I won't let that shit ride from those woodland creature assheads. It's all fun and games until start dumping strychnine on the acorns. I'm the king of this jungle, you little furry bitches, don't forget it!

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

wow bubbler. you might have just shared too much. ... i'm actually kinda scared now.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Why? Are you a squirrel?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

solid retort, my friend. damned solid.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Just kill the fuckers. To it before you eat tomorrow, so you've got three more things for which you'll be thankful.

12. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

Go buy an extension cord and clip off the female end. Strip the wire and place it in a pan of water in your backyard. When the squirrels come to take a drink plug the male end of the extension cord into a wall outlet. High jinks!

Draft saved Draft deleted