1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Spygate] Easterbrook routs Simmons, King, PFT, etc. --> UPDATE: PFT responds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Re: [Spygate] Easterbrook routs Simmons, King, PFT, etc. --> UPDATE: PFT respon

Don't forget Wikipedia. Of course, they don't steal things from him. They just record his IP address when he edits pages to drop his name in them (Still waiting for John to address this without dodging).

2. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

This would be a case I'd like to see taken to court, but only if the results are posted to YouTube. Isn't Villarreal a MEGA LAWYER TO THE STARS?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

No, no, no. Get it right. He's a MEGA TRAINER TO THE ROIDED-UP STARS.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He's a MEGA DOUCHE TO THE READERS OF SportsJournalists.com.

5. Dangerous_K

One thing's for sure, if he's just a character trying to get a rise out of people, it's worked. These plaigarism accusations piss me off.

6. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Re: [Spygate] Easterbrook routs Simmons, King, PFT, etc. --> UPDATE: PFT respon

Here's Peter King's latest MMQB. Funny he mentions Easterbrook - but neither of the brothers V:

I think that was a good Tuesday Morning Quarterback column on ESPN.com last week, Gregg Easterbrook. And your premise is absolutely right: We should all know what the league found out in its investigation of the Patriots, if only because the public trust in the game was put into question. Silence will not make this go away. What did the league confiscate? How many years did the video spying go back? Why sweep everything under the rug? Were the three Super Bowl wins compromised in any way?

The only thing the Patriots' and league's silence does, even if there was absolutely nothing untoward in the Patriot video findings, is prompt speculation about what was found and tarnish what the Patriots accomplished since Bill Belichick took over as coach in 2000. Suppose no details are ever unearthed about the espionage. Do you think history will forget it? No. History will always wonder, How much video stealing did Belichick do, and how much did it factor into games? And when we look at the Patriots 10, 20 years from now, that question will still pop up.

At least for me, it won't take away the fact that I believe the Patriots of this decade are one of the best teams of all time, because whatever benefit a team derives from stealing defensive signals is a small one and had very little to do with New England's run of greatness. It's may be one piece in a 500-piece jigsaw.

But all the secrecy around this, and the lightning-fast termination of the investigation, only deepens the suspicion of the media, and as extension, the public. What I think the league found was a small cache of tapes but a larger stack of notes explaining exactly what the tapes taught the team. That's what I think, but we'll never know, will we?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Even one piece missing from a 500-piece puzzle makes it an incomplete puzzle.

So, yeah, are all 3 Super Bowl titles compromised now?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

jgmacg, that's because PK is jealous of the killer stylo of the super-strong, super-genius JDV.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Plus, King ain't scoreboarding 19-35 proveably demonstrablies; just the 41-68 proveably saggables.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Villarreal with an exclusive scoop...

A can of Ragu sauce.

Sports journalism at its finest. You can't even make this shit up.

11. Dangerous_K

Views: 479

Didn't he claim to have over 150K hits on YouTube?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.