1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

[Spygate] Easterbrook routs Simmons, King, PFT, etc. --> UPDATE: PFT responds

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RokSki, Sep 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Re: [Spygate] Easterbrook routs Simmons, King, PFT, etc. --> UPDATE: PFT respon

Help me out someone. All rokski did was give props to the easterbrook column. Why does Team Bozo take credit for that?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good point, Dangerous.

If I type up something so unique here and see it in Reilly's column in two weeks, do I get to sue him? He used "Xanadon't" in a column 3-4 months ago. I think that infringes on my handle here. Hey, Reilly, where's my 2 dollars?!?!

Seriously, if we write up something swell here and it's lifted for a bigshot's column or story, what's the protocol? This is really just a message board, so is it open for anyone to lift from?

3. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Not sure if this is a blue font post. Maybe if Villarreal hadn't made this claim of plaigarism three times already in the past week it would be different, but he's done it so often.

4. Songbird

Part of it is purple font for smartass. The rest is a real inquiry about posting here and seeing it in Reilly's column or King (never read his stuff, is it worth it?) or anyone else.

5. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Re: [Spygate] Easterbrook routs Simmons, King, PFT, etc. --> UPDATE: PFT respon

That's a good question, then. I don't know what the standards for message board posting is as far as ideas. Akin to overhearing a conversation, maybe? I don't know. Neither one is savory journalism, that's for sure. Perhaps I was premature in coming unglued on Villarreal, like I said it's infuriating seeing someone make claims of plaigarism as often as he does.

By the way, nuked the post since Songbird makes a good point.

6. Don't worry, Dangerous_K. He's such a fucking clown, nobody takes anything he says seriously.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Oh, but that's if you take him and RokSki seriously. They're novelty acts, unintentionally hilarious with enormous and inflated egos.

One of the more amusing parts of the Spygate rantings is that, according to Villarreal's bizarre website, he was involved with the training of two of the most notorious "cheaters", Mark McGwire and Jason Giambi.

8. Songbird

And Dangerous,

I wasn't being a smartass toward you. Ev'ryting irie, mon.

JDV suing for plagerism would be an interesting case, though.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What are you talking about!?! SI, ESPN (both the TV network and The Magazine), Car & Driver, Speakerphone Monthly and the Goo-Goo Dolls Newsletter all regularly steal MATERIAL and INSIGHT from the Villaposeur Army!!!

10. Songbird

Goo-Goo Dolls Newsletter is quality reading.

11. Speakerphone Monthly.

Well done, Inky.

12. I heard he gave them some "cream", if you know what I mean.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.