1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spurs sued by fan for sending home top players

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rusty Shackleford, Jan 16, 2013.

1. We need the opinions of whiny EPL fans on away ticket prices.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Piggybacking on the baseball comment: Can I sue the Reds or Yankees since A-Rod and several others didn't play when the Yanks were in Cincy two summers ago? I mean, that was well over $100 spent on gas and everything else for me and a buddy to make the drive.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Read the fine print on an MLB ticket and lots of things are covered. (I don't have one handy, unfortunately.) I'm sure it's the same with the NBA.

4. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Obviously I'm not a legal scholar. But I wonder if the NBA fining the team for this very act opens the door for the legal suit. If the league itself says the team screwed the fans, then maybe the fans were screwed and have legal recourse?

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I've had a problem with this from the start, siding with the Spurs. Any team's main responsibility is to win games and championships. It's the coach and GM's job to determine what gives the team the best chance to ultimately win. When you let commissioners or judges or even doctors, to an extent, dictate who plays and who does not, then that's a bad precedent. What's next, teams having submit starting lineups to Stern or Goodell for their approval? It's no different that some kid's parents going to court because their baby was cut in freshman basketball tryouts or little Johnny Ragarm isn't getting the number of pitches his dad wants.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Can't fathom that the guy will win in court. What legal ground does he have? But, hey, he's a lawyer and that's what lawyers do. And he's getting some free publicity from the stunt.

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It is such a total shame that the Spurs blew that game in the final minute. They led most of the game before the Heat had something like a 10-0 run down the stretch. I don't know how the guy can complain. He saw one of the more exciting NBA games of the season.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I wouldn't hire that lawyer to argue a parking ticket.

You buy tickets for an event. That's all.

Draft saved Draft deleted