1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spurrier: Take that damned flag down

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ServeItUp, Apr 15, 2007.

1. That's true about Ford, Boom, but I can't imagine any of the candidates want to be asked how they feel about the flag. It killed McCain here in the 2000 primary. It's a no-win for them, especially the Republicans. They stand up for blacks and they piss off the conservatives. If they don't they look like racists.

2. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

The letters to the editor column of the Charleston paper gives an indication of just how well some folks are taking Spurrier's stance on this issue. Welcome to South Carolina - don't forget to set your clocks back fifty years!

http://www.charleston.net/assets/webPages/departmental/news/Stories.aspx?section=letters&tableId=139992&pubDate=4/21/2007

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, there are some gems there. Including the asshat who basically called the Civil War the "War of Northern Aggression." ::)

4. Hey, my wife still refers to it as that ... except it's pronounced like this:
    the Wah of No-then aggresshun ...

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Oh yeah. Never heard that term specifically, but when I lived in Tenn. I couldn't believe how much the topic came up in everyday conversations, like the conflict ended yesterday.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

so when does the war on simpleton, "salt of the earth" folk begin?

Why the hell not? We have a war on everything else in this country.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Don't pick fights you can't win, foof.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm glad this has remained

Draft saved Draft deleted