1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spurrier reported headed to Miami.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Jimmy Olson, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Ben -
    What possible way does Coker hang on?

2. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Remember, the last time this man was in the ACC, he led DUKE to a share of the league's title.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

As a Georgia fan, it pains me to say this, but: This year's brush-up involving Blake Mitchell notwithstanding, Spurrier has done pretty well in the area of discipline, with the notable exception of his word choices in pressers (Free Shoes University, anyone?) and on the radio (recently he was reprimanded by Mike Slive for criticizing officials). He might actually be a good fit at the U, if for no other reason than deep down he knows that style is nothing without substance.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

There was NOTHING wrong with the Free Shoes University comment... on any level.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Spurrier and the U. Arrogance on and off the field!

6. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

OK, I know some here get all pissy about too much ESPN bashing (can there ever be too much? :D) but they just did it again.

Their co-anchors ended SportsCenter with "breaking news" courtesy of Joe Schad that "if Larry Coker is fired after the finale that Steve Spurrier could be a candidate."

No mention of the FIRST report.

I have friends at the World Wide Leader but they should be ashamed. Sadly, they won't be. :mad:

7. I'm with Mizzou on this one.

Spurrier has all the money he'll ever spend and the golf in South Carolina is much better than the golf in Miami (Augusta National is right down the road from South Carolina and I think a membership there may have been part of his S Carolina package).

The Hurricanes would be much better served by getting Frank Spaziani or Dana Bible from BC to be their head coach.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I elect Michael Irvin.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They should do it now. I kid you not -- the emotional swell could be enough to get by BC this
    Thursday night, if he just ended the agony and fell on his sword.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No possible way. Not now. I can't see Miami beating BC on Thursday.
    Coker's a good guy. I hope he finds something.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Fanboards around these parts are straight-up melting under the pressure.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

No. Fucking. Way.

Draft saved Draft deleted