1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sprint phone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Aug 25, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I went withthe Kitana Eclipse...
    Have you ever tried using your phone as a laptop modem with that plan?

2. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I do the 99.99 plan, and that includes unlimited everything. Seeing as I was going over my texts, and Internet was expensive as hell, I figured it was a good idea.

3. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

I have an LG Rumor, which has the slide-out keyboard. Every phone I've had before it was a flip phone, but i've adapted and like it. Much easier to type on this phone.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Then you go to Europe and your phone is now a paperweight.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Reviews said the internet was slow on that...

6. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

I'd recommend Googling "Sprint SERO" -- Sprint apparently has made its employees-only plan available to all of us. I did this a year or so ago, bought the Motorola Q, and get unlimited data/texting plus about 450 minutes all for the low monthly price of about $35.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

for a sec i thought the thread title was spnited phone.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

you used SEC and spnited in the same sentence and there was no bashing involved....wow.

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Sorry it took so long to chime in.
    First, SERO (aka the cheap Sprint plan) is RIP. If you got it before Sprint killed it, you're grandfathered, so don't change your plan.
    And like the ATT thread, I recommend the Centro. It can be used as a modem, is small, cheap (under $100) and has a QWERTY keyboard.
    And no, Palm is not paying me to hype their phones. I've used Palm OS devices for almost 10 years, they're easy to use and work well.

10. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Yeah, it's not super-fast, but it is also my first phone i've ever used internet on, so i don't have much to compare it to.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I actually had SERO bookmarked from a year ago in anticipation... now they want a stupid company email and 3-digit pin...

12. thanks for the heads-up. was considering changing my plan, but won't know.

Draft saved Draft deleted