1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen's latest tour

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigbadeagle, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

This show is widely available online as a bootleg. Tremendous stuff.

I saw the Magic tour in October when it was full of songs from the new album. After the show we talked about how many great old faves we didn't get to hear in favour of the new stuff. It was a great show but man, do I get jealous when I see some of the setlists from recent shows.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He's in my burg on Monday - have a line on some tix but not sure I want to fork over 240.

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

All the money you've wasted spent on the Nats, and you're going to quibble of $240 and a chance to see greatness?

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, well, the problem is the Nats money is SPENT.
    I wonder if Springsteen can still throw that speedball by you?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That happens on every tour; in the early legs, most (or all) of the new album gets played, as things move on through the summer some of the new songs drop by the wayside. "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" is still a semi-regular (I think it's now being interchanged with "Waitin' On A Sunny Day"), and "I'll Work For Your Love" is still pretty frequent, I think.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

isn't it time for a review by first-timer bigbadeagle?

and mod, he can definitely still throw that speedball by you -- but you look like a fool only of you don't go.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

And that sign should say, "Play I'm Too Sexy!"

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've seen him play the Hot Chocolate classic "You Sexy Thing" and missed seeing him play "Achy Breaky Heart" (but I have the audio of it, on cassette - can't remember if I upgraded that one to CD yet). Not sure they could pull off "I'm Too Sexy"

9. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Diggin into the box, tappin the dirt from the cleats ...

Really, really surprised to hear Spirit in the Night and loved hearing She's the One (one of my Boss faves).
    Not wild about Glory Days or Waiting for a Sunny Day, but the manner in which he did them — Glory Days was on a sign that said "Iraqi Vet's 1st Bruce Show" and a little girl off to the side of the stage held up the Sunny Day sign — was great.
    The man is 58 — he's 58 freaking years old! — and it was nonstop. He is the consummate professional and musician. Just a great, great show. Kitty's Back was fantastic. My druthers were to hear Thunder Road (my all time fave Springsteen song) and Prove It All Night, but he does have a 35-year catalog to pull from, and then some, so....
    The band was just incredible. Tight from the git go.
    But the arena was not sold out - still a couple of hundred empty seats. That was disappointing.
    Yet even without three of my favorites (count Backstreets in there with Thunder Road and Prove It), a damn, damn, damn fine show.
    And I had two pork chop sammiches from Willie's Wee Nee Wagon for the pre-show meal. Got-damn!

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

great job. very happy for you.

11. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Moddy, I went with a buddy of mine and I got us $65 a seat tix. My buddy spent 250 bills to see The Police in Denver a few months ago, and those weren't scalped, either.
    I shoulda forked out an extra 30 bucks a head to get down on to floor level, but after plopping $2500 in car repairs and related charges and another $1500 in house fixing up, $65 was cool with me.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

A quick trip to craigslist or the local paper and you can find something along the lines of 2,000 tickets to tonight's show. Not an easy scalp, much to my surprise.

/broke even with my two

Draft saved Draft deleted