1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen tix: Anybody got 'em?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, Sep 16, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Of coursew they'll play old classics, Beaker.
    At the rehearsals shows in Asbuty they did about 21 songs, only 6 or 7 from Magic.
    On the Today show last week, they did 7 songs, opened with Promisied Land, also did My Hometown and Night and 4 from Magic.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I of course knew they would play some old songs, but I'm a young guy, so as much as I love Bruce and the E Street, I've never been to one of his shows. Thus I'm not completely sure what to expect.

If they play a similar set to what they did at the rehearsal, I'd definitely be happy.

3. I've got the GA Floor seats.

I had them the last time he toured with E Street Band too, but these seem a little different. Seems there's a lottery of some sort to get into the pit.

Incidentally, when these were purchased on Ticketmaster, the first pair I drew were upper deck, the second were upper deck, the third were lower concourse, ... the 11th were the floor seats.

Fuck Ticketmaster.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you've never seen Bruce & the E Street Band, expect to have your ass rocked off.
    All three rehearsal shows ran in the 2:15-2:30 range and usually 21 songs. Figure the regular shows will either be that length or a song or two longer.
    All have featured 7 songs from Magic, two have featured Bruce & Patti doing a duet on a song off her new album, and the rest of the songs are older songs from the Springsteen catalog. You're guaranteed to hear Born to Run.

I've got great lower level seats for both Philly shows and one of the Meadowlands shows and GAs for the other Meadowlands show (I've got an extra Meadowlands ticket each night to trade for a great seat to each night of MSG)

For the GA tickets, its going to work the same way it did on the Vote for Change Tour. Show up between 2-5 and get a numbered wristband. At 5:15 they draw a number, that number is first in line to get into the GA area. You line up in number order after that, people without wristbands behind those with wristbands. First 300 or so will get into the "pit" area (a fenced off section at the front of the GA, since the entire floor is GA).

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Based on the setlist callers on the Bruce boards, Hartford got a good mix of songs and a solid performance:
    Radio Nowhere/Ties That Bind/ Lonesome Day/Gypsy Biker/Magic/Reason To Believe (full band)/ Night/ She's the One/ Livin in the Future/ Promised Land/ Town Called Heartbreak (song off his wife Patti's album, sung as a duet)/ Darkness on the Edge of Town/ Darlington County/ Devil's Arcade/ The Rising/ Last To Die/ Long Walk Home/ Badlands
    Encores:Girls in their Summer Clothes/Thundercrack/Born to Run/Waiting on a Sunny Day/
    American Land

6. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I can personally second that. All in all, it was a pretty amazing concert. Everybody was great, especially Clarence Clemons on the sax as always.

The place was nuts for all of the encores, especially Waiting on a Sunny Day-I've never heard it sound so good.

Draft saved Draft deleted