1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen tix: Anybody got 'em?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, Sep 16, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Asbury rehearsal shows are $100 per ticket .. more than top seats at MSG or Meadowlands

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

But have you ever seen him play Convention Hall? The place is the size of a large high school gym (3000 seats tops, probably less). I've seen him play 8 Holiday Shows there and both rehearsal shows on the Reunion Tour. It's definitely worth the extra money to see him play there.

3. EStreetJoe

If you blinked you missed it. The shows sold out in 5-6 minutes (didn't know TM could sell 6,500 tickets that quickly). Somehow I got through and have a single ticket to the Monday night show.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Came up snake eyes.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Wish me luck -- I'm on ticket buying duty tomorrow morning for the DC show. I'm already nervous.

6. My friend stood in line at the local TM outlet for the Chicago show. Got into the system 15 seconds after 11. Upper deck. Show was sold out in about 15 minutes.

Would've loved closer seats, but I'm in, and that's what matters most.

Good luck Dyno.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Got in 10 seconds after sales opened. 2 lower bowl at The Palace. Not behind the stage. ;)

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

F you, Starman. ;)

We got shut out for DC. If anyone knows anyone who has extras for the 11/11 show, please send them my way.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

How was the show?

Also, for those in the NYC area, tickets go on sale TODAY at noon for a rehersal show this Friday night at CAA. Telephone and will call only.

10. EStreetJoe

It showed they definitely need to rehearse more.
    The sound (at least where I was side stage) sucked, the pacing was off in spots, the new songs still need some fine tuning, to start an hour late in a building with no air conditioning is pretty bad (although I just found out this morning the reason for the late start was that Max got caught in traffic going to Asbury after the Conan taping), but on the bright side, the older songs rocked.
    For what I posted on some fan sites about the show, go here:
    http://talk.livedaily.com/showthread.php?t=596657

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thanks for that post although I hope the set list changes before I see him in three weeks. "Darlington County" as an encore? Ugh....(but "Candy's Room always kicks some serious ass)

Anyone doing the GA floor thing for Springsteen?

12. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

So as I just said on the album thread, I just got it and am listening to it now. I'm trying to absorb as much of it as I can, as I am going to the debut show tonight in Hartford.

I'm sure he'll play songs from the new album, but I'm also hoping the E Street plays a lot of the old classics, especially the stuff from "Born to Run."

Anybody else going to the Hartford show?

Draft saved Draft deleted