1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen tix: Anybody got 'em?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Huggy, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I know there's a lot of interest on the board for the Boss's upcoming tour. I know tickets have gone on sale for a number of dates in the US and tix for the Toronto stop go on sale tomorrow morning.

For those who've got them, what's the demand been like in your area? Really tough to say what it will be here. He's always been popular in Toronto but aside form an ad in yesterday's Toronto Star, this one really seems to be flying below the radar. I think I've got a shot but then again it could sell out in 10 minutes.

What's with the general admission seats on the floor? Rolling Stone noted it was the same for The Rising tour which I didn't see. I wouldn't think a Springsteen crowd (especially these days) would be all for lining up hours before the doors open to race to the stage. I thought this stuff was taboo after the tragedy at the Who show in Cincinnati back in 1979.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I got tix for the first tour date in Hartford on Oct 2nd. They went on sale on Sept 8 and I bought them that day. As far as I know, it sold out fairly quickly. I bought fairly cheap seats and the tix were still 95 bucks each.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Ask spnited. :D

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Huggy, if I remember correctly tickets for Bruce's last stop in TO were gone in fairly short order through Ticketmaster.

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

His New York (MSG) and New Jersey (Meadowlands/Giants Stadium) shows sold out almost immediately.

6. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

from time to time tickets tend to drop on ticketmaster.com. i've been told this by a few people, so go with that i guess.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Got 2 for Cleveland.

I got into Ticketmaster 15 seconds after the tickets went on sale, and the only lower bowl seats supposedly available were behind the stage. You mean to tell me 8-10,000 tickets sold out in 15 seconds??

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Fuck fucking Ticketmaster. A fucking bunch of crooks.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tix are $115 and $65 up here.

9. Dan Rydell

Dan Rydell Guest

I'd rather find a scalper than ever go through the Ticketmaster jerk-around again.

That game is rigged.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Philly tickets for Springsteen were easy.

Tickets for the Meadowlands and MSG shows were brutal. The prime seats released the day of the onsale were gone in the blink of an eye. It was the first time in 15 years I've been shutout of good tickets to a Springsteen show the day of an onsale. Too many tickets were held back from the initial onsale for these two. I have to hope I can catch tickets when TM drops them (releases them) closer to showtime.

Lower level tickets behind the stage for a Springsteen show can be a great seat. You know he's going to play to the back of the crowd for several songs, you get to see the show from the band's perspective, and when Bruce calls an audible (goes off the written setlist) you get to see the scramble that goes on with the crew and with the band tipping eachother as to what's coming next.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Sat behind the stage for a Neil Young show once. Awful, never again. Obstructed view (that's what we were told when we bought them from TM), my fucking ass. Tell me they're behind the fucking stage.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I sat behind the stage for a Pearl Jam show, and it was fantastic.

Eddie made a point of turning around and singing to us every so often, and there was no backdrop so we could really see everything, including the girl down front who kept flashing the band.

Eddie had her removed and made a comment about needing to focus. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted