1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen squashes breakup rumors

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Starman, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

For anybody who's really worked up over it:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/08/29/people.springsteen.ap/index.html

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Should that be quashes? Probably not, after looking at one dictionary, but this usage of squash always confounds me.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He flattened them, smothered them, pulverized them, steamrolled them, mashed them, crushed them, squashed them.

:D :D :D :D

(I still set the odds at about 35% he is photographed sneaking out of Mrs. 9/11's garage within two weeks. ::) )

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I think pulverized is my favorite. :p

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, Bruce and Patty aren't breaking up. She's OK with him tomcatting around.

So there!

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

For what its worth, I heard the same rumors about three months ago from someone who usually gives me accurate Bruce info. I'm really surprised that he responded to the NY Post story.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I know nothing of Springsteen's marital situation. A few months back, a Broadway Web site had some pix of the whole family after they saw Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. They have three kids.

It let to a discussion in the office: How cool would it be to be Springsteen's kid?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Were there photos of the kids? I was just thinking recently that he has managed to keep them under wraps pretty well.

It would be cool.

9. Webster

Other than the money thing, I think that it would stink. Your entire home state is filled with grown men (and women) between the ages of 25-55 who worship your father in an unnatural way. You can't go out as a family without everyone staring at you. It's got to be pretty tiring. His daughter does some sort of horse jumping thing and there are always stories in the press about her.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Do they live in California or Jersey?

11. Webster

Jersey.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

OK. That would have a suckage quality to it.

Draft saved Draft deleted