1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen, Bon Jovi coming out of the closet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Monday Night Curling on SCTV was fucking great. And they namechecked my hometown.

Hurray, hard!!!

2. What's an "ass curler"?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The result of a night at Taco Bell.

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

They seem to get along good when they're on stage together. One of several times I witnessed them sharing the stage was at the three Bruce Springsteen,Max Weinberg 7 & friends holiday shows in 2003. Three great nights of shows where the friends included most of the E Street Band, a couple of Nils Lofgren solo songs, Jesse Malin, Sam Moore (some killer duets with Bruce), Southside Johnny, Garland Jeffries, Asbury Park's Victorious Gospel Choir, and Bon Jovi. All three nights Bon Jovi was relegated to a back-up vocal role, but on the second night he & Bruce shared the mic on Jon's song "It's My Life"

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You're a cruel tease IJAG ;)

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sorry, 'beetus. :D

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I've heard that there is tension between the two -- JBJ has made some negative remarks which weren't taken well by the Springsteen camp. However, they still do the charity stuff and have shared a number of musicians (and probably go halfsies on Southside's rent)

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

All I know is that I'd rather Bruce be the one hanging around the Devils when they win a Stanley Cup than JBJ and his boy band mates.

As for the curling, I saw my first curling match in person in the 2006 Olympics when the U.S. men beat Great Britain for the bronze, the first U.S. medal won in Olympics competition. One guy on the U.S. team, an alternate, was in his 50s.

9. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Doesn't there need to be interest in the first place in order to keep interest up?

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It wouldn't surprise me if there is tension between the two. However they seem to get along when playing the charity shows together. I don't think they've had any common bandmates unless you count the charity shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted