1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Springsteen a Kennedy Center honoree

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by finishthehat, Sep 9, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

welcome to broooceworld! there's great stuff in his catalogue beyond where you've gone, but "btr" and "darkness" are a hard 1-2 punch to beat.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I'm sure you realize that the Kennedy Center honors took place at the Kennedy Center in Washington D.C., not in New York. So I'm sure he realized he was in Washington D.C., and not New York or Ohio.
    Sorry, as a New Jersey resident, I couldn't resist :)

3. EStreetJoe

The Mel Brooks tribute was great, although I wish they had spoofed some of the movies instead of just doing the songs (which Mel was singing along to)

John Mellencamp tried doing an acoustic Born in the USA and butchered the lyrics, why they felt the need to kick the band in for the final verse and then go back to the opening verse is beyond me.
    Melissa Etheridge's version of Born to Run was full of the passion only a fan who's a rocker can deliver. Unfortunately whomever did her hair and makeup should be shot as she looked horrible.
    Eddie Vedder's version of "My City of Ruins" was great and Sting did a good job with "The Rising"

The David Brubeck tribute was great

4. EStreetJoe

I didn't realize that Stiller and Norton had a falling out after "Keeping the Faith" (the movie with Elfman).

I'm also surprised they didn't show any E Streeters in the audience, unless of course, they don't rank high enough on the celebrity "A" list to have gotten tickets in camera range.

5. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

You got me there....

Draft saved Draft deleted