1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring training thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 23, 2012.

1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Joel Zuyama changes teams, but not his luck: Out for the season (again). This time, a torn ulnar collateral ligament.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/02/former_detroit_tigers_relief_p.html

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That blows royally. He's got to be feeling like he'll never throw again this afternoon.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Given the trouble Zimmerman has had staying healthy, put me in the camp that thinks they overpaid, too.

4. outofplace

The fantasy baseball geeks like me care about Perez, whose value just went down because he will be on the shelf while most leagues hold their drafts.

Sizemore? Hell, most fantasy geeks have given up on the guy by now.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I know there's been some talk of him playing 2B, but given his history of ankle injuries, that sounds like a bad idea.

6. Layman

Layman Well-Known Member

Draft Perez, DL him, pick up Pestano for a couple weeks (hopefully....)

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

And it has begun. A whole month and a half or so of looking at nothing but Michigan/Canada license plates.

I Looooooooooooooooooooove being near the spring training home of the Tigers.

8. outofplace

I'm sure many people will go that route, but oblique injuries can be trouble. As an Indians fan or as a fantasy baseball player, I'd be a bit wary of Perez right now.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I hope to never be lumped in with Jon Heyman and Tom Verducci on the matter of analyzing baseball, and thankfully, I avoid that bullet here. Rolen gave the Cardinals 21.2 WAR in his four full seasons with the team. That said, I think the comparison is only half-apt. Zimmerman isn't nearly as good as Rolen defensively. Rolen has a strong argument as the second-best defensive third baseman ever.

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

At least the first half of those plates knows how to drive at least!! :p

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Behind Brook, right? :D

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Behind Brooke.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted