1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring training thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Feb 23, 2012.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He only played as a sophomore in high school because he was academically ineligible the other years.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No way. I was just jumping to conclusions. Ask the expert.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So your defense for your condescending post is that others think he's an idiot who can't string together coherent sentences as well. Got it.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Three days in, Albert pissed at the Angels for their billboard campaign calling him "El Hombre." He apparently told the Cardinals he didn't want that nickname in deference to Stan "The Man" Musial. Angels didn't know.
    By the way, Albert, owner Arte Moreno is the Southwest billboard king and those billboards are paying your $246 million contract.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-0223-angels-pujols-20120223,0,2968586.story?track=icymi

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

TSP012

Just bookmarking this for easy reference the next time somebody says I'm the moral compass for this board.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge Tigers fan..but the battle for the 5th slot in the rotation will be a fun one to watch.

Top prospect Jacob Turner vs. Drew Smyly, Andy Oliver, Casey Crosby, Duane Below, and Adam Wilk.

7. Dick Whitman

I'm saying that Jenks - who I have met several times and like - has clearly grown up and isn't the dumb bumpkin that people thought he was when he was coming up through the minors, as evidenced by his impressive grasp of some pretty arcane medical facts.

The rest of it is you projecting.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

And will beat the Royals in 6 for the crown?

That's what I would like to see anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. Dick Whitman

The Royals are going to score some serious runs this year.

And give up even more of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm just going to sit over here in the corner and wait for the serious baseball chatter.

11. Dick Whitman

Damn you for correcting yourself before I could.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I had said "heavy baseball talk" to someone else, and then after I posted, I was like "wait, did he say serious?"

Victory!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted