1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring Training in Arizona. Question on Tickets.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Mar 15, 2014.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Because I'm a cheap bastard when it comes to sports tickets, I ask...

Anyone here purchased tickets for spring training games in Arizona? Eyeing some Rangers or Royals games in Surprise and don't want to pay $35 each on StubHub considering the teams draw 4,500 fans in a 11,000-seat stadium.

Anyone here have experience with buying cheap tickets right before the game? In the pre-StubHub world, that's almost always how I got into MLB games. Thanks!

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

This was 15 years ago, but I went to a White Sox-Diamondbacks game in Tucson and got tickets at the window a couple of hours before the game. First row, right behind third base.
    Unless it's some sort of "special attraction" game, where a star player or hyped rookie is making his debut, I'm guessing tickets will be readily available. You can likely even trade up as the game goes along and end up behind home plate by the eighth or ninth inning.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I went to Spring Training in Arizona in 2008 and what we generally did was buy them a day in advance. The stadiums are close enough together that what we did was grab the next day's tickets on the way to that day's game.

If you're going to see one of the super-popular teams like the Cubs or Dodgers, you might want to grab them online in advance. Otherwise, just wait til you get on-site.

Draft saved Draft deleted