1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring Training Begins,

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dkphxf, Feb 14, 2011.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They're shitty.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm leaving for Fla. a week from today but I just keep thinking it's too soon and that there's way too much to do this week before I go. I guess I'll be OK once I've settled in.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You dying sometime soon? Cause I'm pretty sure you could write that every February.

4. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

If I follow the Bucs too closely, you never know how bad it might get around August.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn good point.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So you are saying I can enjoy April and May!

7. The Blue Jays' pointless march toward 70 wins begins today. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself this summer.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

At least the Bucs have better young players now than they have had for 15 years.

9. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I'll tell ya what Dog, The Mets have a very good front office situation. Alderson and Riccardi are very good baseball people." (MikeFrancessa)

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

These guys don't look too fucking good.

(Japanese grounds crew talking...) Subtitle: They're shitty.

Mike Moustakas, Eric Hosmer, et. al... I long for thee.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know. Way more than the usual stories trumpeting optimism out of the Jays' camp this year. I am a massive Jays fanboi looser but there are way more questions than answers with this team.

However, as always, I am pumped for the return of baseball.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'l take the over. Any other division, and they'd be a borderline playoff team - their rotation is strong, and if Bautista wasn't a mirage, the lineup is about average - I don't see them putting up the same team power numbers they did last year.

If we got a full page about the Orioles, we should be able to spend a couple of minutes on Toronto.

Draft saved Draft deleted