1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring football on ESPN sportscenter?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Apr 14, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

[/quote]

Just wait. ESPNU will be airing spring games this week.
    [/quote]

Right. Keep it on ESPNU and off of Sportscenter until the games start counting.

2. chazp

chazp Active Member

Spring football, is this a great country or what?

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Take out the words "spring football," replace with the word "recruiting." Same thing.

If people want to know about it ... it's news.

4. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Are we talking about the report on Florida? I don't have a problem with that (for reasons others have noted). Some people on this board might not believe it, but Florida won the national championship last season. I have the DVD.

6. 93Devil

But where do you draw the line? Notre Dame's spring game? Alabama's? Texas? USC? Ohio State? Grambling? Baylor? Northwestern? SUNY New Paltz?

I think the line should be drawn before you reach spring football.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Are you talking about spring football coverage, period? Or a SportsCenter bit? What about the more complete coverage on ESPNU?

Without knowing the parameters of your question, I'd say the line was drawn at: Do a bit on the reigning national champions.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Potsdam would kick New Paltz'a ass. So would Geneseo and Fredonia.

9. SoMissGrad

SoMissGrad Member

To be honest, it's essentially the school beating itself. Also, a lot of schools make a big weekend out of it with three days of activities planned. I know Southern Miss had a lot of stuff planned for "EagleFest" (that's what they call the weekend of the Black and Gold Game), but most of it got rained out. Among the planned activities was tailgating, seeing the baseball team host Tulane, seeing the softball team play a double-header against Marshall and attending the groundbreaking ceremony for the new South Endzone seating/visitor locker room/athlete academic center that is being built.

10. 93Devil

I was just mentioning how ESPN is devoting to airtime showing highlights from a game between teammates, and ESPN will not show clips of some MLB games, only giving the score.

11. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

This coming from a huge baseball fan who wishes Sportscenter could be 60 minutes of baseball highlights (I should just start watching Baseball Tonight... lol) Spring football is big. It's starting to draw more interest in some parts of the country other than Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida, etc. Hey, you're right... if they can draw 40,000 to a spring game, cover it.

Shave a few seconds off an arena football or NBA highlight, for cripes' sake... oh wait, ESPN owns rights to those too...

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Oh come on, it can't be anymore mindless than the NFL network showing two hours of the Baltimore Ravens spring training practices.

Draft saved Draft deleted