1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spring Break

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

We're cool, boots. I was just poking fun at your abilities to apparently be everywhere and anywhere. I'll see you in Jacksonville.

2. boots

boots New Member

My family is planning a reunion there. It will not end well.

3. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

Sxy ... I want to be wherever that dog is, doing what that dog is doing, hanging out with that incredibly beautiful chocolate lab. That's the life. A pool. Sunshine. A float. And a loyal, faithful lab at your side.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Spring break for me was spent travelling, playing LOTS of golf and watching my younger (but not little) bro play baseball.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Isn't spring break always in March? Hasn't that already come and gone?

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Spring break (depending on the college or high school) can be anywhere from the first week of march to mid april.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

In grade school, we always had the week after Easter off. High school and college varied.

8. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Same here, Hank, week after Easter + Good Friday. Obviously, college was different. Although, schools like Ohio U., on quarters, may still have it around Easter?

9. My college spring breaks were nothing special.
    I went to Daytona a couple of times (missed MTV by a week once) and Myrtle. It wasn't much different than college than being at college.

My best trip was a weekend spur-of-the-moment road trip to Myrtle for MLK Weekend.
    Got caught speeding at 1 a.m. in Shitburg (actually Cleo) South Carolina. I was the only guy over 21. We had a case of beer, and four open containers, including the drivers. Doing 80 in city limits.
    Cops pulled us over, but they very cool, and let us go after we pulled together $120 (cash) for our fine. ;)
    Two miles down the road, we stop at an all-night convenience store for a case of Old Mil. and go on our merry way.
    We lived on a two kegs of Red Dog and Big Macs (.99 cents) for two days. I recall watching the AFC championship (Steelers-Chargers the Fucking Steelers!) and going went swimming in the ocean.
    We hit a club - can't remember which one, but it had a $20 under the glass on the dance floor - and there wasn't a good-looking chick in the place.

Still had a blast.

WARNING: Sophomoric humor ALERT!
    We were looking for a cheap hotel. Me and my best friend go into hotel run by Indian desk clerk. My friend cuts loose what might possible have been the worst-smelling fart in the history of Myrtle Beach. Some say it was directly responsible for the hole in the ozone layer. All three of us pretend to ignore it, until Indian guy finally can't stand it.
    "JeeZUHS," he said with one hand to his nose and the other franticly waving in a grand sweeping motion. "Whichever one of you all did that should have taken that shit outside!"
    The guy was clearly pissed. He was not amused. We just collapsed on the floor laughing.
    "I hope the guilty person has stains that never come out. God Damn! That's just rude man."
    He would not give us a room.
    We found another place (whose lobby didn't smell like rancid Doo-Doo Butter!) that gave us a room for $35 bucks a night.

Two days later, suffering from what was easily the worst hangover I ever had in my life (to this day, I can not stand the smell of Red Dog!) we limped home.
    Though we did stop off in Cleo to present officer Lemon with a T-shirt on our way home.

The Fart as it later became known and the unexpected stop Cleo was the highlights of the trip.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Damn I needed that laugh. Thanks Orville.

And somehow I think this thread will turn into "Spring break stories"

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Would love to go to Cans-cun someday.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I go to Panama City Beach every year...

But it is not the same in August in your 40s as it is in March in your 20s...

Draft saved Draft deleted