1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sprewell facing $200 mil grocery bill

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Jan 29, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Sounds like PJ got off easy, compared to how Spree roughed up the girlfriend.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You may be right about her making a deal with the devil. But it doesn't help four innocent kids eat.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Spree=Cock.Di.Waffle.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Apparently Spree didn't pack any tight-fitting magnum-sized Trojans [/JDV]

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Another man excusing the behavior of an athlete. Shocking really.

Spree didn't have to sleep with her. Spree didn't have to tell her he'd take care of her and their children. Spree didn't have to act like they were married and put her on his health insurance.

But yea, she's just a tramp trying to take advantage of a poor, defenseless jock.

Give me a fucking break, jocksniffer.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

And to tell you the truth, it really dosn't matter what type of person she is. You hate her? Fine. But don't take it out on your own kids you ftard.

EDIT: And even if he hates her, he should be payin' her anyways for taking care of his kids. Be a man for god sakes.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

However, she had to know what she was getting into when she started a relationship with a professional athlete. Birth control also goes both ways.

That said, he was the one making millions and he's got the bulk of the duty to take care of the kids. The four kids didn't ask for life on these terms.

8. pmartin25

pmartin25 Guest

you people got to be kidding me, I put the disclaimer in that I wasn't on sprewell's side, however, why does she deserve to 1/5th of a billion dollars! Obviously he needs to pay for his children, or take care of them himself (which I sure the courts would not allow, and rightfully so if in fact he did beat her)

9. sportschick

Why doesn't she? If he's got $400 million, I'd say she's entitled to half. He lived with her as his wife, signed her up for health insurance as his wife, fathered her children, etc. Yep, I'd say she deserves half of what he has. Sorry, but I don't think men should EVER get off the hook, even if people like you think they should.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If they "cohabitated" since 1989, wouldn't the be common-law husband and wife, at least legally?

11. sportschick

Depends on the state, most states have done away with the common-law statutes. I'm not sure which ones, other than Montana, still have it.

And they were cohabitating longer than most marriages last in this country.

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

18 years, 18 years
    She got one of yo' kids
    got you for 18 years ...

Draft saved Draft deleted