1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Spreading the good word of cribbage

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Beef03, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

We all have that friend who could be in the running for "most interesting man in the world" this would be mine. He's an extremely talented writer and a great story teller. Last summer for example, by choice, he lived the entire summer and fall in an Airstream trailer in an airplane graveyard on the outskirts of Calgary, read and experienced life cut off from most luxuries, especially technology. Anyway, I worked with him several years ago when he started his "cribsionary," which is really more of a philosophy on life, and he just made a youtube video chronicling it, thought at least some of you here would enjoy.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

There's an airplane graveyard on the outskirts of Calgary?

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

It was something along those lines. I'll have to dig back and see what/where it was. It was some kind of scrap yard and I remember there being old planes in the pics I saw.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

My mistake, it was not an airplane grave yard, but an the ArmySurplus lot that had a few old WWII era planes and other large equipment on their compound. It was six months ago since I read the story.

http://swervecalgary.com/2011/11/11/airstream-dreams/

5. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Very cool story, locale is close to a neat area of Calgary (Inglewood)

Draft saved Draft deleted