1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriters Are Superior Beasts

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I don't heart Huckabee.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I still think Rudy gets the nomination, but Huckabee's looking good as his veep right now.

Rudy-Huck vs. Hillary-whoever = get out the chips and salsa, brother.

3. I join The Winger Challenge!
    And Noam Scheiber? Come on here and give us NAMES, son.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I've been called a beast before but it had nothing to do with my writing ability.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

If anyone else calls you 'beast' I'll rip their lungs out. [/joker]

6. OK, I think we're moving into "Save It For The PMs" territory here.

7. Here's the problem: How could Huckabee justify running as Giuliani's VP given Rudy's stance on abortion? I've read this in other articles as well and I don't get it.

Even if he gives the "We have our differences, but...", how does that work? Huckabee is morally opposed to abortion, believes it is the murder of unborn children, how can he put that aside and run with Giuliani or even Romney without seeming like he's compromising his principals?

Don't get me wrong, I watched the ABC debate and I liked Huckabee the best. Even though I disagree with him on several fundamental issues, I thought he was honest and seemed genuine. I would never vote for him, though.

EDIT: Also, I would give the reporters a bit of a break. The high-fives are inexcusable, but imagine the boredome and tedium we feel talking to the same coaches/players every day or week. Imagine dealing with political press agents and sound-bite politicians. I imagine it's a drain. It's probably a relief to have someone halfway normal to talk to.

But...yes, high-fives and such are bullshit.

8. pups --
    Do you think it's any more boring than being the Pirates beat writer is by the middle of July?

9. Good point.

Apparently, the people at TNR read sportsjournalits.com

http://www.tnr.com/blog/the_plank?pid=134096

10. Well, that's a pretty gutless move right there at the end.
    Come on over, Noam. (I think "TNRwomack2" would be a good handle). Name the names and get us all a beer, newb'.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

People are still doing high-fives?

Draft saved Draft deleted