1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter: York (Pa.) Daily Record/Sunday News

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Pendleton, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pendleton

Pendleton Member

SPORTS JOURNALIST

The York (Pa.) Daily Record/Sunday News needs a sports journalist versatile enough to tackle a wide variety of local sports news and issues for all of our media platforms. In addition to reporting and writing for the newspaper, job expectations include blogging, video journalism, social networking and other aggressive ventures into new media. The ideal candidate will have experience in reporting, copy editing, pagination and online ventures. Send materials to: Sports Editor Chris Otto, York Daily Record/Sunday News, 1891 Loucks Road, York, PA 17408, or cotto@ydr.com. EOE.

We are approximately 46,000 daily and 90,000 on Sunday.

2. ReyHeath

ReyHeath Member

Who's leaving?

3. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

where is York in relation to Philly.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

York is 101 miles from Philly, 118 from State College, 221 from Pittsburgh and 24 from Harrisburg.

5. Pendleton

Pendleton Member

And, while we're Mapquesting, York is also 52 miles from Baltimore.

6. Is there a specifiic beat or is this a GA position?

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

From what I've heard, it's mostly preps.

8. McLovin

McLovin New Member

This is my position, or soon-to-be-old position, I guess. I'm leaving the paper to become a Municipal and Community Development Volunteer for the Peace Corps in Niger for the next couple years and I'll be leaving the country in a few weeks.

I've had a fantastic experience working for Chris and the YDR/SN over the last year and a half. The YDR/SN has an incredibly talented sports staff and I had the chance to tackle some serious enterprise projects within my beat, which was high school sports. This is a good paper for which to be working.

Feel free to PM me if you all have any more questions.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Good luck in Niger - I'm impressed by your decision to undertake such a task.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I wondered if you were the one leaving. Congrats, man. And good luck.

11. McLovin

McLovin New Member

Thanks guys. I'm just glad they're filling the position. We've had two vacancies in News over the past six months and there have been no hires to replace them. I know with this economy there are a lot of talented reporters out there looking for gigs right now, and this is going to be a great opportunity for somebody.

12. tagline

tagline Member

Any update here? ... just curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.