1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter with Flint (Michigan) Journal,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Oct 6, 2010.

1. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

I know a guy at the Journal who was just given a once-a-week article on Michigan State hoops. He just interviewed Mateen Cleaves and Tom Izzo at a Flint fundraiser last week. The website the Flint Journal is featured on (MLive.com) is the biggest website in Michigan in terms of hits, surpassing the FREEp and Detroit News.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Um, that Journal guy's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw The Journal guy pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious. (Mateen Cleaves and Tom Izzo had no comment.)

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Yea, pretty sure that's the one. Been awhile since I've been up that way.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't know about those numbers. Maybe, maybe because Mlive is the home to like 9 papers. But the Freep's Web hits are damn good.

5. bsugrad

bsugrad New Member

How about this one? Anybody hear updates?

6. TwoGloves

Still interviewing.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You probably shouldn't be posting on a message board during your job interview.

8. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

He's got his priorities in line. He's helping the SportsJournalists.com community keep up to date about the situation.

9. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Well, I don't know how they calculate the numbers but I do know MLive has the widest audience (obviously the wide range of papers has something to do with it). Personally, I've always been a FREEP guy.

10. TwoGloves

Uh, I haven't interviewed for a job in about 30 years. The paper is still interviewing for the vacant position.

11. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

It's called a joke.

12. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Very much like the funny kind. Only different.

Draft saved Draft deleted