1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter with Flint (Michigan) Journal,

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by dkphxf, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dkphxf

dkphxf Member

Company: Flint Journal
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified

Description:
    Full-time sports reporter needed for a vibrant online and print newspaper operation. Seeking innovative, highly-motivated candidates who can move seamlessly between online and print worlds. Send resume and examples of both written and online proficiency to Bruce Gunther, Sports Editor, The Flint Journal, 200 E. First St., Flint, MI 48502. May also send by email to bgunther@flintjournal.com.

Per: http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=1205309

2. Buckeye12

Buckeye12 Member

Thrice weekly.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Who left?

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

But daily internet.

5. dm19

dm19 Member

Pity this beat no longer includes the Tropics. That Jackie Moon is one charismatic interview.

6. alex.riley21

alex.riley21 Member

Flint Michigan Mega Bowl. 'Nough said.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Didn't they have a big round of buyouts in the beginning of 2010? Or the fall of 2009?

8. Schottey

Schottey Guest

Is this only preps?

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Actually, Flint, Bay City and Saginaw publish four times a week. Home delivery Thursday, Friday, Sunday and newsstand only Tuesday.

10. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Not much else around Flint. You'll get Detroit/Michigan/Michigan State from the Booth wire.

You do have minor league hockey in the Flint Generals (UHL). There is a minor league baseball (Low A ball) team in Midland, but that's an hour away.

At one time, Flint was the biggest newspaper in the eight-newspaper Booth chain, which is now at four 7-day print dailies.

11. Schottey

Schottey Guest

Yeah, I went to prep school in the Saginaw area and have family near Flint.

I contribute to Booth here and there so I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was a position that had a chance to have a pro sports presence too.

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I don't think any of the papers in outside of Metro Detroit travel anymore. Does the GR Press even go to Detroit?

Draft saved Draft deleted