1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Salisbury Post

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tarheel316, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Sportswriter needed to cover high school and college sports, share layout duties, and a little camera work. Contact sports editor Ronnie Gallagher at rgallagher@salisburypost.com.

This is the vacancy created, obviously, when Bret left for Fayetteville. Great area for covering preps. Catawba College has a solid Division II program. Bret did some ACC coverage, too. Salisbury is a nice small city and it's less than an hour from Charlotte. High Rock Lake is just a few miles away. Ronnie will make you work hard but he's a great guy. So is assistant SE Mike London. Both have been there a long time and any up-and-comer can learn a lot from them.

The Post is part of the small Charleston Post and Courier chain. Have no idea what the gig pays.

2. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Pretty sure this one has already been filled.

Or, so I've been told from Ronnie himself. Not sure who filled it, however.

3. Tarheel316

That would be a quick hire because it just got posted three days ago on NCPA. But I know Ronnie wanted to move on with basketball cranking up.

4. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

He started doing the legwork last week with calling to check up on some people who were interested.

I was one of them, and he let me know on Monday that they had hired someone else.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thanks Tarheel316!

6. Tarheel316

Are you hired?

7. Tarheel316

A hire has not been made.

8. Obviously.

9. MrWrite

MrWrite Member

Actually, it is obvious if you read the Fayetteville thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted