1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter in Wyoming

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RossLT, May 5, 2006.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Company: Wyoming Tribune-Eagle
    Position: WANTED: SPORTS WRITER
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $25,000 to $30,000
    Ad Expires: June 9, 2006
    Job ID: 633151

Description:
    The Wyoming Tribune-Eagle has an opening for a sports reporter. This a general assignment beat in which the person covers high schools and community college sports, assists with University of Wyoming coverage and also writes features and enterprise. The job also includes copy desk work involving editing and designing pages. Prior knowledge of Quark would be a plus. The applicant should be a self-motivator and able to multi-task. Candidates should have a college degree in journalism or a related field. Prior experience at a daily newspaper is preferred, but this is an ideal position for someone out of college or journalism school. Starting pay is based on education and experience. The Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, the state’s second-largest daily newspaper located in the capital city, has been a consistent winner of state and national sports awards in recent years and twice was named the state’s best daily. Cheyenne is located near the Snowy Range mountains at the northern tip of the Colorado Front Range. Our growing city is close to some of the best hunting, fishing, hiking, camping and other outdoor activity areas in the nation. We’re also only about a 90-minute drive from Denver and 45 minutes from Fort Collins, Colo. We are hoping to fill this position quickly, so please don’t delay. Send cover letter, resume, work samples and salary requirements to: Robert Gagliardi, Sports Editor, Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, 702 West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001 or e-mail: spt1@wyomingnews.com

I sent them my info hopefully I get a call.

2. boots

boots New Member

sports writer, Cheyenne, WY

The Wyoming Tribune-Eagle has an opening for a sports reporter. This a general assignment beat in which the person covers high schools and community college sports, assists with University of Wyoming coverage and also writes features and enterprise. The job also includes copy desk work involving editing and designing pages. Prior knowledge of Quark would be a plus. The applicant should be a self-motivator and able to multi-task. Candidates should have a college degree in journalism or a related field. Prior experience at a daily newspaper is preferred, but this is an ideal position for someone out of college or journalism school. Starting pay is based on education and experience. The Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, the state’s second-largest daily newspaper located in the capital city, has been a consistent winner of state and national sports awards in recent years and twice was named the state’s best daily. Cheyenne is located near the Snowy Range mountains at the northern tip of the Colorado Front Range. Our growing city is close to some of the best hunting, fishing, hiking, camping and other outdoor activity areas in the nation. We’re also only about a 90-minute drive from Denver and 45 minutes from Fort Collins, Colo. We are hoping to fill this position quickly, so please don’t delay. Send cover letter, resume, work samples and salary requirements to: Robert Gagliardi, Sports Editor, Wyoming Tribune-Eagle, 702 West Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY 82001 or e-mail: spt1@wyomingnews.com.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Re: sports writer, Cheyenne, WY

Bootsie, you got broken off by the Newbie.

4. boots

boots New Member

I think we may have been posting at the same time but yes, I will give him credit for the post. He finished first. I'm man enough to admit defeat.

5. MU_was_not_so_hard

Well, for once you can say you took an extra 14 seconds. ;D ;D ;D

6. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

18 seconds according to the new fangled math.

24 - 6 = 18

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

I didn't really look. Be happy I was that close.
    And don't you have a kid un-ducttape?

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

All the kids are currently unducttaped, thank you for the reminder.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Not a great town, but not bad, and you're within a couple hours of Denver.

Pay might be low.

Robert's good people.

10. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Good job, chance to make an impact at a small paper. Emphasis on enterprise and features. Good paper to work for, too. PM me with questions.

11. TonyColorado

TonyColorado New Member

What's the circ.?

12. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

Around 17,000.

Draft saved Draft deleted