1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter in Martinsville

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ColbertNation, Sep 8, 2008.

1. The Granny

The Granny Guest

According to Moddy and IJAG, yes. (Sorry, couldn't help myself.)

2. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Buck is good people. He really does a good job of protecting his writers from the crap that upper-management dishes out. I spoke to him on the phone a few months back, and he wanted me to go down for an interview, but he told me that they'd only be willing to pay $10/hr to start. He's 26, I believe, and really aware of the lack of excitement in the town, but he doesn't sound to be a bad person to work for, can't say that for the rest of the Bulletin, though.

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Snark? You? No way!

:D

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Snark on a Martinsville thread. You don't say! Let's settle this one now. TP, if you're willing to give on Roswell, you're hired!

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

So the sports editor doesn't have an e-mail address, and the ME is giving her Hotmail. I know it's just piling on, but that alone should be a black flag. (F the red flag. This one gets black.)

6. Tarheel316

Remember it is Martinsville. The worst part of it is Ginny. And she ain't going anywhere. She's a lifer.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Ginny has issues. That's been documented. However given the present job climate, putting up with her isn't as bad as being unemployed. To some, sending a resume is a viable option.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i really must be becoming somebody in this business because my name sure gets mentioned when all the good ones come open.

9. Tarheel316

TP, flip a coin. Roswell or Martinsville. Which is it? Drip, I agree that working for a place like Martinsville is better than being unemployed. No question. People just need to know what they're getting into. I have actually met her so I speak from experience.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

No question that Ginny needs a hug or Dr. Phil and may be missing a sensativity chip, however, no one says you have to stay there forever. Also, no one says that you have to put up with crap that in assinine.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sensitivity chip? Or is sensativity something else entirely and I'm clueless?

12. Tarheel316

Drip, if you take a gig like that you have to take the crap that goes with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted