1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter - Fort Smith, Ark. (Hiring Freeze now in place)

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by ScottFaldon, Nov 26, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Re: Sportswriter - Fort Smith, Ark.

You're not directly part of the bet.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

It's the tab I'm interested in.

3. ScottFaldon

ScottFaldon Member

I got word today of a hiring freeze effective immediately. I guess a freeze is better than hiring somebody and laying them off a month later.

I'm sorry I wasted anybody's time and/or got anybody's hopes up.

If you sent a resume, I'll hang onto it. When If I'm allowed to fill the position in the future, I'll be in touch.

Sorry again and good luck.

4. KUjhawk02

KUjhawk02 Member

Scott, sorry to hear about this, but best of luck to you - and to everybody, really, who's still sticking it out in this business.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Certainly can't blame you, Scott. It's just a very discouraging trend that I am seeing more and more of in the business lately. You're far from the only one.

6. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Scott's right. I'd much rather see a frozen position than a "you're hired", followed three weeks later by a "you're laid off". Good luck to those who have their resumes in place.

7. Sorry to hear what's happened, Scott.
    Just keep us posted if there are any changes. I'm sure there is some interest.

Draft saved Draft deleted