1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter/Designer/Copy Editor, Eau Claire Leader-Telegram

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You guys into the Leinie novelty brands are all foo-foo, I like my Leinie's regular.

2. Smokey33

Smokey33 Member

Spotted Cow's where it's at. I live 1,000 miles from the nearest store selling Spotted Cow and I have three cases in my closet.

3. Mira

Mira Member

For All Who Love Leine's and Bubbler. Thought you might enjoy checking out this story about Leine's.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/?id=421827

4. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I think North61 needs to get me a beer!

Make it a Leine's Sunset Wheat, my 12-pack is almost depleted -- and I'm not making another trip to Wisconsin for a while. That and Honey Weiss are my favs!

Don't know anything about the paper situation, but Eau Claire is a very nice, mid-sized town. I have family there and I have always enjoyed my visits there. If you are really into hunting and fishing, you wouldn't have far to go.

And I think the huge limestone "walls" at the 53 bypass are really cool! :D

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Sunset Wheat is good too, Pope. But I'm hooked on the Honey Berrys.

I have a buddy who lives in Louisville. Stood up in a wedding with me this summer. He and his wife had Honey Berrys for the first time. On my subsequent trip down there last month, they made me stop and pick up five cases of Honey and five cases of Berry at Sam's Club.

We wound up downing a case of each by the time the weekend was up.

6. North61

North61 Member

Sunset Wheat is damn good. But I don't know about it being better than Blue Moon.

Wonder if a Sunset Wheat/Guinness combo would be just as good as BM/Guinness combo....brb.

7. Pops

Pops Member

(... bumping real threads to the top ...)

8. IDStauffer

IDStauffer Guest

I'm also a big fan of Spotted Cow. Can't get enough of the stuff whenever I get back to Wisconsin

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

is it me, or are there a lot of jobs posted in Wisconsin lately?

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Well, Wisconsin rules.

11. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

I'll drink to that ... and by the way hand me a Leinie's Creamy Dark while you're at it. That's some good stuff.
    As for the Eau Claire job, I know a guy working up there now on the staff and he's a good, hard-working guy. So the higher-ups can be a pain in the ass (maybe more the most, I've never been in there so I won't say much) but for a lot of guys out of school that's there chance and that's what they're aiming for when they start off the ad with "HEY SPORTS NUT"

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Godspeed.

Draft saved Draft deleted