1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Daily Inter Lake, Kalispell, Mont.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by I Should Coco, Nov 16, 2016.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

SPORTS REPORTER – IMMEDIATE OPENING! Report on sporting events at night and play by day in the outdoor recreation wonderland of the Rocky Mountains of Northwest Montana. A perfect job in a near-perfect place. Glacier National Park, two ski areas, a million acres of wilderness and more than 100 lakes, including the largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi are at your doorstep!

The Daily Inter Lake, Montana’s fourth largest daily newspaper, located in Kalispell, has an opening in our three-person sports department. Our county is the size of the state of Connecticut, and we cover 10 prep schools as well as an assortment of additional sporting events. Some outdoor writing may also be available. The typical shift is Tuesday through Saturday from 4 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. but the department rotates schedules on occasion to keep the Sunday and Monday shifts filled.

Full J-Jobs ad: JournalismJobs.com - Job Listing - Seeking experienced sports reporter

A couple comments:
    1. This is a Hagadone newspaper. Adjust salary expectations accordingly.
    2. I know you can't eat the scenery, but Kalispell and the surrounding region really is beautiful country, especially if you love hiking, fishing, skiing, etc. Plenty of good restaurants bars in the area, including Whitefish, Mont. And the great college town of Missoula isn't too far away.

Good luck everyone!

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You get to compete with the Hungry Horse News.

3. MNgremlin

MNgremlin Active Member

I thought this was still part of the ad the first time reading through. Maybe papers should start using that strategy?

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A rare non-Lee paper in Montana. Who knew?

5. joeggernaut

joeggernaut Member

Still taking applications for anyone interested. I can answer any questions.

Draft saved Draft deleted