1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportswriter, Annapolis, Md.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by sportschick, Jan 4, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

http://www.journalismjobs.com/Job_Listing.cfm?JobID=869406

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Up in the air with the Landmark deal. That being said, otherwise this is a really good paper for its size.

Just don't try living in Annapolis proper on $30k. Ain't happening.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd think even 35K would be a stretch. That's one hella expensive town.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Unless you had a significant other (of the opposite sex, of course) who you could bunk down with and who was in the Navy.

5. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Wow, who left this job? It's a staff of either lifers or youngsters. As for the cash, roommates are a necessity to live semi-comfortably. Or you could try living on the Eastern Shore.

6. Judging by the job description, it looks like Aaron Grey (Not the former Pitt center) has left the gig. I'm not sure, but if so, I hope it's for a legit step up. Dude was very talented.

7. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

My friend just moved into Annapolis proper and it costs a fortune for him to live there. He has a studio apartment for close to $1K without utilities. Granted, he's not in the journalism business, but that's a large chunk of change just for a studio.

8. 89bat57

89bat57 New Member

Hey guys, this is Aaron Gray (and I have a better jumper than the Pitt center). I am leaving the Capital. I was here for a little over two years. If you have any questions about the opening, feel free to email me at aaron-gray@hotmail.com.

9. 89bat57

89bat57 New Member

Hey JC, how you living?

10. In mansions and Benz's, givin ends to my friends and it feels stupendous. Life's always good here, dude. Check your email.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Edgewater ain't too far away, and I always liked the bars there more than I did in Naptown-proper. Great great great area to be.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

beings this is a 47k paper, i'd push heavily for the $35 a year and not the $30. if they say no, you say no.

Draft saved Draft deleted