1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsWatch: What Top Sports News Outlets Covered During May

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Speedway, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Speedway

Speedway Member

Headlining today's Sports Business Daily is a detailed look at what sports received the most coverage during the month of May looking at the USA Today, NY Times, LA Times, SportsCenter and FSN Final Score. Amazing how little (and in many cases no) coverage the "minor" sports get.

http://sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?storyid=SBD2007080609&requesttimeout=500&fuseaction=sbd.main

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

This just proves what I've been saying all along: nobody gives chessboxing the coverage it deserves! Thank god we've got the RZA, the GZA, the Ol' Dirty Bastard to keep up the good fight.

EDIT: Wouldn't watch that at work with the volume up if your bosses frown on the N-word.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

What the hell? What did Sports Center actually do a story on?

And the Wu video? Solid work, noob.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How many times did the Yankees play the Red Sox?

5. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I can't believe the NHL pulled nearly five per cent on ESPN.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

NFL pulls 7 percent in May on ESPN, when there's absolutely nothing going on (Top 5 Gatorade Showers of the last 10 years!)

I'd like to see what Major League Baseball pulls in December.

7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

MLB gets a ton of coverage in December, with the winter meetings, free agent signings and trades. January is the only slow month for MLB.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

The soccer coverage in May was beyond horrendous.

No NCAA fringe spring sport should get more coverage than the beautiful game in one of its most important months, yet we have just that.

And there's no way the NHL deserves that much coverage.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

One of these things is not like the others ...

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do they take into consideration Baseball Tonight? I know it is not Sportscenter, but it is coverage with highlights.

I would actually be more interested in ESPN News. If I plop down for 30 minutes, what am I going to see? I have to wait over 60 minutes sometimes if I am watching a 90-minute Sportscenter.

God bless Tivo.

Draft saved Draft deleted