1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sportspages.com dead?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by spnited, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

It was 19 days because your beloved Webby was on vacation! That and it was an awful crash... just awful.

SP.com is working fine... would hate to see it go away. Rich Johnson is a classy guy.

And yes, donations are always appreciated... it's been awhile since we've gotten any (donations that is).

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Among other things.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Speak for yourself.

;D

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Had to bring this back because despite a few of you saying sportspages is fine, I am now getting a site under cnstruction...coming soon message.
    I've tried for 2 days from home, from work, on my girl friend's laptop and keep getting the same stuff.
    Obviously, sportspages is NOT working fine.

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

6. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

If you type "sportspages.com" without "www" you do get the under construction thing. But it comes up fine otherwise, as you'll see when you hit 21's link.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

clicked the link, got this:

This Site Is Under Construction and Coming Soon.

clicked my bookmark, got the same thing... as I had this monring and from work toinight

typed www.sportspages.com in address bar, got the same thing

very strange.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Wild. Unless it's your cache, I don't have any suggestions. For what it's worth, my Mac went directly to the site when I clicked spnited's link.

Try another browser, if you have two, and see what happens.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

I've tried this on 3 different computers today .. this one, my PC at work and my girl friend's MAC powerbook. Same result every damn time.
    This is bizarre

EDIT: It just got more bizarre. Opened AIM, went through AOL explorer, no problem. Came back to the RoadRunner IE browser, hit the bookmark, no problem. All seems to be working fine now.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Now I get the "under construction" crap. Thanks a lot, spnited.

11. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

i went right to it just now, no problem. just as i've had no problem with the site since this thread's inception. i'm thankful.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And now I get it too. Schizophrenic little site.

Draft saved Draft deleted