1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsFanLive.com Exclusive: Sex Offense Clouds NFL Draft Status Of Lineman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JennaLaine, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

has David Aldridge confirmed any of this?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Ben Roethlisberger ever tagged his sister.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Maybe this is my ignorance, because I don't know anything about SportsFansLive, but if this is such a big story why would that site get the exclusive?

I'm generally uncomfortable exploiting the bad decisions of minors...maybe that's why the story didn't appear elsewhere?

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Locked by midnight EST.
    Guaranteed.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pretty much. I get the impression that it fits right in with this poster's overall agenda for being here, too, IMNSHO.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Nothing wrong with that, but you got to take the good feedback with the bad.

7. Point of Order

Doubt that. Ben being the product of incest, however, is much more likely.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly, and agendas are always worth taking into account when reading a post. Like me. Always keep in mind that I am an asshole with the an ego the size of a planet and my posts will make much more sense.

9. Point of Order

Noted. (And preserved for posterity)

10. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

If the sex was indeed consensual -- and we're only going on a reporter's sources, from what I can tell -- the sister isn't exactly a "victim" in the legal sense of the word, despite her age. She still should NEVER have been identified, and using the quote from the agent was just poor journalism.
    I'm curious, does this site have proper editors (not just bloggers checking for spelling mistakes) who have experience with main stream media? Because a good editor would have made a huge difference.

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That was my question as well (again, knowing nothing about the site)....it seems very unfiltered, which is pretty dangerous for a story like this.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What made this a sex crime?

Is it the incest? I thought consensual sex with a minor wasn't a crime if you're also a minor.

If he was 16, and she was 15, wouldn't that be legal?

Am I missing something or is there something more to this story?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.