1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsFanLive.com Exclusive: Sex Offense Clouds NFL Draft Status Of Lineman

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JennaLaine, Mar 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

<a href=http://www.sportsfanlive.com/sflreports/entry/sportsfanlive_com_exclusive_lineman_s>SportsFanLive.com Exclusive: Sex Offense Clouds NFL Draft Status Of Lineman Despite Strong Combine</a>

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And?

Looks like the purpose of the tread is to get people to click on a link to something you wrote.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Well done! Too bad he did not live in West Virginia or Mississippi. It would have been legal.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Posting messages and creating threads

Please take the time to put some thought and substance into your posts/replies. SportsJournalists.com is a place for professionals and wants to maintain a favorable reputation in the industry. Take some pride in what you're writing and you'll help to solidify that reputation.

"Lazy" posts will not be tolerated and may results in warnings/suspensions. Examples of these posts include, but are not limited to: Starting a thread where the body is just a link (offer your opinion, some substance, etc., not just a link); Copying and pasting stories without some form of analysis or comment (make sure you have something to offer if you are going to start a thread).

If one liners, habitual antagonism toward others, stream of thought garbage, unsupportable conjecture, etc. are your bread and butter -- this is not the site for you.

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Too bad the majority of the idiots on this board -- all of whom are destroying America, BTW -- can't read and understand that sentence.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

You just explained 99 percent of this site's existance.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, that's 99 percent of my posts.

8. Boom_70

One liners are the engine that drives sj.

I just hope that he was wearing a jimmy cap.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Interesting story - though outing the sister as the victim is this case is a call that makes me shake my head. While not naming her, it makes it clear to any reader. Was she OK with that? Not sure this runs in the same ballpark as a rape victim but still. He chose to say something about the incident. Did she have any say?

I also agree with earlier posters - something other than a link should have been included with the first post. Even just a "hey, I wrote this, what do you think?" kind of comment.

10. Boom_70

Or the tried and true sock puppet method -- "just saw interesting story in the Podunk Times written by ..... Here is the link."

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's like rain on your wedding day.

12. JennaLaine

JennaLaine Member

My apologies if my 'one-liner' offended anyone. I thought it was newsworthy and raises some important issues, not just in the league, but in society. At what point are registered sex offenders deemed 'fit' to return to society? Should juvenile sex offenders be listed as sex offenders at all? And what about morality? Washington hasn't committed any other offense since the incident. Would you take him on your team knowing he has had these types of moral issues in the past? Would you be okay with him in your community? I would think it's easier for a scout to evaluate someone who stole a DVD player out of someone's car rather than someone who slept with a relative.

Was just trying to get some opinions on the content of the story (not necessarily the writing, that's what the 'Workshop' section is for) from an educated audience. Again, my apologies if this offended anyone. I thought it was ok being that this is the "Sports and News" thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.