1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsCenter My Wish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

We Raider fans have so few reasons to smile regarding our team. This is one.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5389690&categoryid=3286128

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I love that ESPN does these. They should do twice as many and cut the "Who's more Now" feature or whatever they decide to do this summer.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

That's NOW, man! That's real NOW!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

ESPN's July programming is always the network at its worst.

I must admit some of these get to me, but how can you trust it? Any athlete can look like the world's greatest guy when the cameras are following them around while they're spending the day with a sick kid.

5. CR19

CR19 Member

True. Just think of Ben Roethlisberger. He spent a day with a kid, and he seemed to be an excellent person. However, we all know what he's really like nowadays.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

That would be a great my wish:

"Hey little Jimmy, have you ever raped a girl in a bathroom?" Well let me sign this Pittsburgh Steelers condom for you and go do your thing. Afterward we will ride our motorcycles without helmets and head to the golf course to pee on trees."

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Early in my career I made the mistake of following an athlete to a charity/hospital visit. I was trying to do a feature on him and was trying to get some time with him away from the ballpark and I went with him to a hospital where he signed a bunch of baseballs for kids. I thought he was a little quick with them, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. After he left we were riding down the elevator and he looked at me and said, "Get me the fuck out of here..."

For every Warrick Dunn, there are about 20 who do it only for the cameras.

Draft saved Draft deleted