1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsCenter Commercials

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, May 17, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

For all the bullshit ESPN does, some of their commercials are beyond funny.

The new Jose Reyes, Karl Ravech, John Anderson spot is one of the funniest ones ever.
  2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never seen it, though I'm sure I'd love it. I am, after all, a big John Anderson fan.
  3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

"Follow me to Freedom!"
  4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

The baseball tonight ones are pretty funny. "He's bringing the heat!"
  5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Steiner, come out and get your whooping!
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

I miss Charley Steiner.

While he can be smarmy, I really miss Keith Olbermann in Bristol, too. I suspect I'm in a tiny minority on that front.
  7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Well, they've certainly never been able to replicate the chemistry he had with Patrick.
  8. Sam Mills 51

The Big Show was must-see TV. Terrific stuff. Only drawback was all the wannabes that tried to duplicate Keith and Dan. None of them could match it.
  9. Sam Mills 51

Well ... yeah. But the levity he used to offer on SC is missed. Serious and a solid delivery, but could carry a punch when given a chance to pound out the punchline ...
  10. BYH

BYH Active Member

The new Baseball Tonight commercial where Karl Ravech drops a ketchup packet in the sock of Curt Schilling (as portrayed by Steve Phillips) makes me laugh every single time I see it.
  11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, Steiner's still as good as ever. ... He's no Scully, of course, but he's top-notch whether calling a live game or in front of a teleprompter.
  12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Active Member

And John Sterling could not be happier for it (Steiner going to LA).
Draft saved Draft deleted