1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsCenter: attaboys and WTFs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. We are a select group which finds Nichols attractive, but we are a passionate group. Not too many female talking heads on ESPN where people are generally totally one way or totally the other on. Rach seems to be one of them.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Rach? Really?

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

Van Pelt kills it with whoever he's with; Him and Ryen Racello are very good together on the radio side.

Linda Cohn sends me scrambling for the remote with the first syllable she spits out of her mouth. Absolutely can't stand it.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

damn comcast is fritzing out in mo'ville. who are the anchors today?

re: wendy nix ... she wore a deep purple dress to green bay last week during the weeklong humpfest of a preview of the vikes game; yes, it was in minny, but she was doing the packer angle. anyhoo, i can only imagine the eyeballs on her everywhere she went that day in that dress. pretty funny fashion faux pas.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I used to insist my reporters always reply "you're welcome" to their anchors' "thank yous".

It was a minor thing, but that reply always made more sense to me.

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Like the Gameday crew and Tirico and Jaws on MNF. Disappointed in Gruden. His voice is weak and he has been the master of the obvious. "teams don't like 3rd and long." No shit.

Rachel Nichols drives me nuts. "he told me".

7. Songbird

Yeah, the "he told me" shtick has got to go.

8. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Anyone on ESPNews. SportsCenter flat out sucks. Yes, I watch it everyday, but only because my girlfriend is too cheap to let us get ESPNews. I don't want my "news" anchor giving his opinon on everything. That's what analysts are for. But Josh Elliott, in particular, can't seem to stop. It's like SC is his running standup routine, and it's getting tired.

The shit would hit the fan if Brian Williams chimed in with his opinion every time he was giving the nightly news. Tom Mees is rolling in his grave right now.

9. Songbird

Gator, the only time I see Elliott giving his opinions is when he's 1 on 1 segments with Robert Smith and they're breaking down CFB games. I don't mind it there. I don't really see the opining in the straight-up SportsCenters.

10. Jaws used to have a half hour show like that called Edge I think. It was usually on Sunday morning before the sports reporters. Learned a lot of what I know about football Xs and Os from that show.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

First time I turned on SC today. Can Sage Steele go back to doing whatever it was before she got the bump to SC? Cold Pizza? Can she take Storm with her too?

12. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

The most recent example I can give was during the Twins-Tigers series and Delmon Young was yelling at his own dugout after getting beaned. After the game, Young was saying how his teammates have to know the game do things the right way, blah, blah blah.

Josh Elliott says, "Delmon Young should look at his past before chiming in on how teammates should act." It just pissed me off because it had nothing to do with the story. It's complete bush league.

Draft saved Draft deleted