1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsCenter: attaboys and WTFs thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 27, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Nice to see Bud Collins back on the air giving a US Open preview on SportCenter tonight.

2. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Old-ass thread, but it will no doubt serve the purpose for a running "All-Things Sportscenter" forum. If there's one already on here, I apologize, but in a quick search I couldn't find one.

"And why do we need one?," you ask. For nights like this, when Linda Cohn's dueling banjos look simply amazing, and other such musings.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

i've become a josh elliott fan lately, except when he leans into the camera.

dude, please stop.

(he looks like he has some serious guns for arms).

he and robert smith also complement each other talkin' college football. smith is a funny dude. did he ever become that brain surgeon he always wanted to be?

4. Suicide Squeezer

I've wondered that, too. But based on the fact he's working as an analyst, I guess it never happened.

Elliot's actually pretty decent, in my opinion.

He used to sub once in a great while for Dan Patrick on the radio side, where I thought he was money.

5. Songbird

same with rachel nichols (yes, more rachel talk). on the radio the few times i've heard her, she really lets her hair down and talks the talk. she's pretty damn funny. she's more rigid in front of the camera. that would be lone suggestion: transfer radio rachel to tv rachel.

so.... who's your favorite current tandem?

hannah storm and elliott in the a.m. are mine. they have a strong chemistry.

6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

The Coach is remarkably good on ESPNews, I must admit.

rb

7. Suicide Squeezer

I don't really like the current pairings all that much right now, but if I had to pick one, I'd say Van Pelt/Anderson or Van Pelt/Levy. I like Neil Everett a lot, and am slowly getting more accustomed to Stan Verrett.

Flores is moving up the ladder, though, each time I see his work.

8. Suicide Squeezer

Dana Jacobson wasn't bad on the radio either in spots back before the Notre Dame fallout.

And I'm always a fan of anything with more Rece Davis.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I feel like Van Pelt is the only one on the show who doesn't have an act. Everyone else seems so forced, but SVP kills it every time.

10. Songbird

everett is top-shelf. i love when he cracks himself up.

one thing that's a wtf ... all this roving camera shit. stop trying to get fancy. keep the camera in one spot. a few days ago they open a segment with sage steele standing on the top of a stairwell, the camera on the floor. sage starts her report, and like a snail the cameraman starts slinking up the stairs till he/she gets within 5 feet of sage. it was corny. it took my attention off of what sage was saying. i still have no idea what her segment was about.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When Wendy Nix doesn't have her glasses on she's just another blonde on television.

When she does have her glasses on...yowza.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Growing very tired of Storm and Steele (sp?) when they have the floor together.

Draft saved Draft deleted