1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsCenter anchor debut

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Mar 14, 2007.

1. I agree with you.

She did a good job of reporting for Comcast Sportsnet Maryland.

ESPN made a great choice.

2. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Re: SportsCenter anchor babe debut

My eyes never make it up to shoulder level, so I have yet to notice said chip.

3. Just a diversion from the topic at hand, which I don't give much of a shit about, but I read the St. Pete Times profile linked here. Wow, is that ever a textbook example of how not to write an anecdotal lead. The anecdote lasted forever, and wasn't even that gripping. Sorry, Mr. Zucco.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

If she's on the Sunday Sportscenter, the early verdict is cute, but way to much makeup. It's a must on TV, but let's be honest here - she wears more than Digger Phelps, and I didn't think that was possible.

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Good for her. She was good people when she was in Indy a decade or so ago.

Then, she was pretty young and seemed *very* uncomfortable on the air (think Summer Sanders early in her TV stint ... especially if you ever got to see Sanders' attempt at game-show hosting). I'm glad to see she's managed to get more comfortable, keep moving on and was able to parlay that into a good gig.

(amazingly, she and I were at Indiana at the same time, but she must've been one of the few people I didn't get in touch with in the J-school).

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hey, Summer Sanders was pretty darned good in Figure It Out!

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

This thread is, of course, useless without pictures ... of Summer and a bald skating guy.

[​IMG]

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

One of the funniest threads that ever was around here, the Ray Frager thread was.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Looks like the result if Mike Lopresti and a chipmunk mated.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That makes her a fine hire in my book. Not that she needs it, but she gets my respect on that alone, Steelers fanboy looser that I am.

Draft saved Draft deleted