1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SportsBusiness Daily-AME

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Birdscribe, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Once again, posting without comment...

SportsBusiness Daily is seeking an experienced editor at our Charlotte, NC, headquarters. Qualified candidates will have excellent knowledge of sports and business issues, with equally strong managing, editing, planning, budgeting and writing skills. Must be available to work early morning hours, have solid work ethic and thrive in a team environment. Ability to meet daily deadlines a must. Candidates should have five years of editing experience and/or previous sports business/sports marketing writing experience. Please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@sportsbusinessdaily.com.

2. Rhouston

Rhouston Member

See, that doesn't make any sense to me. Isn't this board designed for fellow journalists to provide feedback on job openings?

It's obvious that you don't approve of this job, which makes it obvious that you know something others don't. What specifically is wrong with it? I'm not going to apply -- I don't nearly have enough experience -- but what about for those others who will?

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Rhouston, you're reading way, WAAAAAY too much into this. Relax.

If I had an agenda, I wouldn't have posted the listing. My current duties put me in contact with a couple people who work there and someone who used to work there.

I wrote "posted without comment" because I don't know how much it pays or some of the other nuts-and-bolts questions that pop up. I get SBD and whenever job listings come up, I post them because some people on this board may be interested. In fact, one board denizen got a job there off of this.

Frankly, I think it sounds like a good gig for someone qualified. So relax.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Rhouston, that sort of posting is standard issue around here. What makes this board hum is that at any one time there are usually many listings, and we'll take 'em however we can get 'em.

The person starting the thread is under no obligation to comment. If someone else knows something, they'll say so. Otherwise the listing will stand alone. And that's fine too.

5. Rhouston

Rhouston Member

OK, we're good. Sorry for questioning. But by saying "posting without comment" followed by an ellipse, it kind of triggered the "stay away" mentality.

And there are people who have agendas who post jobs in this forum, so it's tough to distinguish between the remarks at times.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Birdie has posted other jobs on here before and has elaborated on the place before. He's very much a stand-up guy. On this and many other issues.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I've learned. He's the preeminent authority on all things Antelope Valley.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Why yes. Yes I am :D

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What's there to know? It's a desert. It's hot. And the wind blows. Not that difficult. ;) (Hi Bird!)

Draft saved Draft deleted