1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports wrtier, Alexandria, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Join our small but excellent sports team.

Cover high school and community sports in suburban Washington DC for award-winning chain of weeklies. Cover events, write features and sports news stories, participate in project reporting and writing.

Connection Newspapers sports sections have won dozens of top press awards in just the last few years. We know sports coverage is key to our readership.

We want to push the envelope, go beyond superficial. We are not looking for routine coverage and bland writing.

Job requires passion for sports, energy, ability to find interesting stories, strong writing and reporting skills. Must have demonstrated ability to make deadline. Sports writer covers a large beat including multiple sports per season across many high schools.

Sports team also contributes to editorial projects, including news and features.

Two weeks paid vacation plus extra paid time off around the holidays; health benefits.

Position is available immediately. Unfortunately we cannot reimburse relocation expenses.

Send cover letter, resume and three clips to resumes@connectionnewspapers.com.

Or mail to Mary Kimm, Connection Newspapers, 1606 King Street, Alexandria, VA 22314. We prefer email applications with text pasted into the body of the email.

www.ConnectionNewspapers.com

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've walked past this place several times. Building looks like a doctor's office. But, as someone who lives in Alexandria, I can't say I've ever seen the Alexandria Gazette Packet. I did pick up a copy of the Mount Vernon Gazette at the Roy Rogers around the corner a couple weeks ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted