1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writers, 247Sports

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help wanted' started by ptholey, Jul 1, 2010.

1. jrw

jrw Member

I think we're all in the same boat. I'm assuming the lack of communication means they found someone to fill the role.

2. JME

JME Member

I understand the skepticism, but this is very much a legit, well-funded operation launched by a crew that has had great success in the realm of college sports coverage on the Web.

3. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, the ad also said they're looking for numerous people (writers, editors, etc). If you go to the 247sports website, it gives the impression they're still looking.

4. Cigar56

Cigar56 Member

Trust me. These guys are the real deal. Hard to get a hold of, but real.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Well-funded operations mean nothing. Look what happened to Coaches Aid.

6. nmsports

nmsports Member

Despite what they may have claimed, Coaches Aid was not well funded.

7. jrw

jrw Member

Agreed. I would disagree with the previous post that compared 247Sports to Coaches Aid. 247 is a shop being run by some of the former guys at Rivals ... a site that has done very well. I wouldn't be shocked to see this one succeed as well. The only problem is the recruiting world is so saturated at the moment. It'll be interesting to see if they can find their voice in a crowded room.

8. Syboc

Syboc New Member

I realize times have changed in regards to courtesy and professionalism, but to never respond to submitted cover letters and resumes is pretty disappointing, especially after repeated e-mails.

Not impressed.

9. richbnyc

richbnyc New Member

I had spoken to these guys. They are expanding in certain markets at this point, but not nationally.

Draft saved Draft deleted