1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Wynne, Arkansas

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Drip, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

The Wynne Progress is seeking a reporter to cover sports and general assignments. Duties include photography and page layout. Quark and Photoshop experience preferred. We are a family owned and operated business. Facilty and equipment is top notch and exceeds many dailies! Wynne is a very nice and growing city of 9,000. We are located 45 minutes west of Memphis, TN. Great hunting, fishing, and golf. Please apply with resume, work samples and salary requirements to David Boger, Wynne Progress, P.O. Box 308, Wynne, AR 72396 or email to wynneads@cablelynx.co

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bring lots and lots of mosquito repellant.

3. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

I drove through Wynne once on my way to a family reunion, and my impression seems to be that Wynne Progress is a contradiction in terms.

4. partain

partain Member

Fifteen years ago I took this job and then turned it down a day later when a better offer came through. I'm not proud of it, but I still think the decision was a good one as the people I've known who worked there never ended up staying long. My old managing editor took the editor's job there and left a few months later to take a job at Fed-Ex that required him to commute to Memphis every day. Not exactly a glowing recommendation.

5. I also have info on this job.
    PM me for more details.

6. Zagsfan83

Zagsfan83 Member

There are newspapers in this world without websites still? Wowza.

7. doggieseatdoggies

doggieseatdoggies New Member

No paper in Eastern Arkansas is worth going to. It's all substandard. Even J'boro. Well, the sports department there isn't but the newsroom sucks.

8. kamikaze021

kamikaze021 Member

So I guess I shouldn't return home to West Memphis; it'd be a bad career move?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Paxton. Nuf said.

Draft saved Draft deleted