1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports Writer, Woodbridge, Va.

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Michael_Petre

Michael_Petre Member

Ouch, Xan. Ouch.

That's all I can say.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't say more because the reporter (not sure if the reporter checks in here) would probably figure out my cryptic musing. What I can say, wink wink, is that the reporter knows how to paint the dancefloor a yeehaw shade of yellow.

3. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

With vomit?

4. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

Are you talking about Sawdog? He's painted a few floors in his day.

5. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

It's beginning to smell like foreskin in here.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Speaking of, I ate at the Denny's near Pot Mills on my way back from D.C. last night. It sucked and was full of douchebags. I knew I should have held out for the $10 20-ounce ribeye at the Iron Skillet at the Carmel Church truck stop.

This either has nothing to do with the job opening, or everything to do with it.

7. DrRosenpenis

DrRosenpenis Member

Me thinks Mystery Meat should apply for the PotNews opening.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Would, but I'm too rich for their blood. And even if I weren't, I'd have to live in a commune to make it work money-wise. Or I could get a PT job at the IKEA and live on meatballs and 99-cent breakfasts.

9. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

This is an excellent job with plenty of opportunities, both on the local and national levels. There is also freedom to expand on your individual talents; the SE gives you that space to be creative. A great job for someone eager to work and get noticed.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And yet I applied for the job today. Hey, IKEA, need a stocker?

11. donnie23

donnie23 Member

$5.99 salmon and mashed potatoes. Lingonberry parfait-type-thing. Sadly, I could eat at that IKEA cafeteria often.

12. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

Food court in Pot Mills has lots of cheap options

Draft saved Draft deleted