1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Tri-Cities, WA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on Tom, you're talking crazy now, we all know that the place most likely to get you raped, male or female, is Toyah, Texas. Or, even, Saragosa, Texas.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

then you never eased up hwy 12 to randle. ... and what do you expect from a town named saragoosa? ;)

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Never been to Randle and I have no idea where hwy 12 in Washington or Texas is, I do know saragosa is a weird place.

4. mose

mose Member

As far as Ellensburg, you talkin' publisher or ME, Angola?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Publisher.

I'll just say this: Real cocksucker and has no business being a publisher, unless you think advertising is a good background for being a publisher.

6. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

It's becoming more common.

Personally, I'd pick Tri-Cities over Eburg just because you actually have to live there. And, I suppose, work there and that gives the Herald and major advantage over the Record.

Randle ... yes, Randle. Good call, Tom. I forget about a lot of those Western Washington mountain towns just because the Eastern Washington outposts seem so desolate. But yeah, Randle is to be avoided. Went to school camp near there, though, and if you are out in the wilderness it's nice.

It's funny, you go through some towns and think, "what a nice little town." This would be Dayton, Arlington, Cashmere and many, many others.

Then you go through others -- Othello, Garfield, Randle -- and think "this place is fucked up, get me the fuck out of here."

Just to throw another log on the fire, Clarkston is also a bad, bad town. Economically depressed and not a damn thing to do other than a very, very bad poker hall. Not that I've played a hand there.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Washtucna's just not the same since the ice cream place closed. And when premium gasoline became available.

Draft saved Draft deleted