1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Tri-Cities, WA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. you obviously never have been to the tri-cities if you're raising me a kent or a yelm.

go live a summer in the human hair drier, then come back and tell me how nice the west side is. i'd rather vacation in yelm then spent a single minute in pasco.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Dude, you are going to talk about the human hair drier even though you know where I live? It is 75 fucking degrees out at 4:30 a.m. right now. The Tri-Cities ain't got shit on West Texas as far as heat is concerned.
    Also, Yelm isn't that bad. They have trees and water, which is more than half the West can say.

Seriously, though, beat Wapato as the worst place in Washington. Come on. I dare you.

Fake edit: The only place possibly worse is Benton City.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oh god, if folks only knew where benton city was located.

nice post gola. found a lotta humor in the "fake edit."

4. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Spend a few hours in Othello, then tell me how bad the rest of those places are.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

claude, if you think anything other than the tri-cities or walla walla are the armpits of washington, you grew up in another state.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

In the armpit of Washington referendum, I cast my vote for Aberdeen.

7. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Sounds like everybody is using different criteria, as all of these areas are shitty in their own, unique ways.

I've been to all of the cities mentioned here (and grew up in one of them) and will say that my personal-worst place is Gorst, but it gets excused because it's pretty close to some decent areas. I mean, Tri-Cities is no garden spot, but at least it's a city with amenities and other shit. Spanaway is indeed shitty, but like Gorst, is hard to put near the top just because of its proximity to other fairly cool places. Kent is the same as Spanaway, only less shitty and closer to cool places like Seattle.

I guess for me, shitty is all about desolation and isolation, as in, there's nothing there and you gotta drive for hours to get anywhere worth being. With that, I give you Othello and Washtucna and also note that we are totally forgetting about the Northeast reaches of the state ... places like Omak and the like.

BTW, you could do a lot worse than The Herald. Good paper and better people.

8. Giggity

Giggity Member

Gorst! Lester, have you ever been to the Main Stage? Cause I have. And I wouldn't recommend it.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No what's so bad about being the gateway to Colfax?

Better than Kahlotus, Starbuck, Dusty or Lacrosse.

10. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I agree completely.

11. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

You're not kidding.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

What's the little town on 2 on the drive from Spokane to Pullman, before you get to Colfax? Is it Spangler?

Draft saved Draft deleted