1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sports writer, Tri-Cities, WA

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by boots, Jun 7, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

The Tri-City Herald, an award-winning, 41,000 circulation daily in Southeastern Washington, is seeking an experienced sports copy editor/reporter. We cover college, high school, some pros and a wide variety of other community sports. This position will be roughly 80 percent copy desk work and 20 percent writing, which could include outdoors/extreme sports. Strong editing, design, pagination and proofing skills are required.
    We offer the chance to be part of a winning team that consistently produces strong community coverage. Competitive pay and benefits, training opportunities and a state- of-the-art new building. The Tri-City Herald is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diverse applicants. Employment is contingent upon post-offer drug testing.

Send letter, resume and clips to Jeff Morrow, Sports Editor, P.O. Box 2608, Tri-Cities, WA, 99302, or to jmorrow@tricityherald.com

2. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

This one was open not too long ago if I'm not mistaken?

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

About eight months or so ago.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Same position or did somebody else leave?

5. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Different position.

6. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

They've been struggling lately with their staff and they really need another person in there. Great paper, decent area in the PNW. A little bit of a false advertisement to call it a sports writer gig when it's mostly desk work...

PM me for more info.

7. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

I am available for PMs as well.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shitty part of the PNW. if you expect trees, green or cool seattle- or portland-type of outings ... ain't happening here.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Come on now, it's not the shittiest part of the NW, that would belong to Burns, Ore. Seriously, though, the Tri Cities are located in a decent area if you can handle some road trips. It is central to Boise, Spokane, Portland and Seattle.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

name a shittier part of washington without calling out walla walla or yakima.

i dare you.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Wapato, Kent and Moses Lake.

12. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

I see your Wapato, Kent and Moses Lake and I raise you Yelm, Creswell and Spanaway. Walla Walla and Yakima? Not that bad. ;-)

Draft saved Draft deleted